“3D food printing market expected to grow at a CAGR of 54.75% between 2018 and 2025”
The 3D food printing market is expected to be valued at USD 425.0 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 54.75% between 2018 and 2025. The market growth can be attributed to the increasing use of customized food in the meals by the consumers. Also, the benefit of getting three-dimensionally printed food rich in specific nutrients is one of the major drivers for the 3D food printing market. The market of 3D food printing is still in development phase; the players are showcasing their products and are expected to commercialize their products in a global market soon. Several companies have showcased their 3D food printers and are also promoting their product through workshops, conferences, and live demos in collaboration with bakeries, confectionaries, and restaurants. One of the important benefits of the 3D food printing solutions is that it provides food customization options according to the preferences and needs of the individuals.
“Carbohydrates expected to hold the largest size of the market during the forecast period”
Carbohydrates are the type of nutrients, which are the most important source of energy for the human body. These are found in fruits, grains, vegetables, and milk products. Depending upon the requirement of carbohydrate in the body, 3D food printing could allow the consumers design their food. A person requiring high carbohydrate and low protein could set the ratio accordingly to get food of his choice, which in turn could revolutionize the way to control the nutrient intake. Also, most of the printers showcased by the companies currently print food rich in carbohydrates such as chocolates, candies, donuts, and pancakes. Thus, carbohydrates are expected to hold the largest size of the market.
“Market in APAC is likely to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
The 3D food printing market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. Factors such as a high rate of aging and poverty, and lack of adequate amount of food to feed the population are likely to contribute to the fastest growth of the market in APAC during the forecast period. 3D printing allows preparation of easy to chew food, having the composition specific to the nutrient requirement of the patients. This is likely to help in feeding the old patients with the food rich in specific nutrients, based on their requirements.
Breakdown of the profiles of primary participants:
• By Company: Tier 1 = 10 %, Tier 2 = 30%, and Tier 3 = 60%
• By Designation: C-Level Executives = 50%, Directors = 25%, and Others = 25%
• By Region: North America = 60%, Europe = 20%, APAC = 10%, and RoW = 10%
The major players profiled in this report are as follows:
• 3D Systems (U.S.)
• TNO (Netherlands)
• Natural Machines (Spain)
• Systems And Materials Research Corporation (U.S.)
• By Flow (U.S.)
• Print2taste GmbH (Germany)
• Barilla (Italy)
• CandyFab (U.S.)
• Beehex (U.S.)
• Choc Edge (U.K.)
In this report, the 3D food printing market has been segmented on the basis of ingredient, vertical, and geography. The market based on ingredient has been segmented into dough, fruits and vegetables, proteins, sauces, dairy products, carbohydrates, and others. The 3D food printing market based on vertical comprises government, commercial, and residential verticals. The study also covers the forecast of the market sizes for four main regions—North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW.
Reasons to buy the report
The report would help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways.
1. This report segments the 3D food printing market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall market size and those of the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
2. The report would help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them with the information on key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for the market.
3. This report would help stakeholders understand their competitors better and gain more insights to enhance their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product launches and developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions carried out in the market.