The ultrasonic scalpel market is expected to witness a robust growth rate, due to the rising burden of chronic diseases and increased demand for minimally invasive procedures.
- In minimally invasive surgery, doctors use various methods to operate with minimal damage to the body as opposed to traditional open surgery. In general, minimally invasive surgery is associated with less pain, a shorter hospital stay, and fewer complications.
- The ultrasonic scalpel is a medical instrument that is used in minimally invasive surgery to safely cut and seal vessels. The demand for this surgery has bee increasing at a very high rate, due to several factors that include a higher accuracy rate with relatively reduced pain and fewer infections.
- The risks associated with this treatment are quite less, which has increased the preferences among the patients, thereby, driving the ultrasonic scalpel market.
Key Market Trends
Gynecologic Cancer Segment is Expected to Show Better Growth in the Forecast Years
Based on application, the market studied is segmented into lung biopsy, tonsillectomy, thyroidectomy, gynecologic cancer, and other applications. The high growth of the gynecologic cancer segment is mainly attributed to the rising burden of cancer and the rising adoption of these devices. Gynecologic cancer is the uncontrolled growth and spread of cancerous cells that originate from the reproductive organs. According to the American Cancer Society, in 2018, there were around 14,070 deaths due to ovarian cancer, coupled with 22,240 new cases in the United States. Furthermore, other factors, such as increasing awareness and continuous advancements in the medical device industry to treat gynecologic cancers, are expected to fuel the market growth in the forecast period.
North America holds the Largest Share in the Ultrasonic Scalpel Market
The ultrasonic scalpel market holds the largest share in the North American region due to the increasing burden of diseases and the strong presence of device manufacturers. The increased demand for minimally invasive surgical procedures, along with the rising adoption of technologically advanced surgical devices, is likely to favor the market growth of the ultrasonic scalpels in North America. However, strict government regulations, coupled with the high costs associated with the procedure, are likely to impede the growth of the studied market during the forecast period.
The market studied is moderately competitive, and there are several global companies that have been operating in the market studied. The major players in the ultrasonic scalpel market are Axon Medical Solutions Pvt. Ltd, BOWA Medical UK, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic PLC, Misonix, Olympus Corporation, Stryker Corporation, and Wuhan BBT Medical Tech. Co. Ltd.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support