The market for PVDF membrane is expected to register a CAGR of about 5%, globally, during the forecast period. Growing applications in water and wastewater treatment are driving market growth. On the flip-side high cost of PVDF membranes is expected to hinder the growth of the market.
- The PVDF membrane market is expected to grow during the forecast period, owing to the increasing applications in industrial filtration, separation, purification, and blotting techniques.
- The Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market, with the largest consumption coming from China, India, and Japan.
Key Market Trends
Growing Applications in the Biopharmaceutical and Food and Beverage Industries
- Polyvinylidene fluoride, also known as polyvinylidene difluoride (PVDF), is a special plastic material belonging to the fluoropolymer family. It is a thermoplastic and non-reactive fluoropolymer formed by the polymerization of vinylidene difluoride.
- Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) membranes have been extensively applied in industrial process due to its outstanding properties such as high thermal stability, good chemical resistance and membrane forming properties
- PVDF membranes offer excellent resistance to acidic and organic solvents as compared to nitrocellulose or nylon membranes and are thus used for amino-terminal protein sequencing application and other blotting applications
- Hydrophilic PVDF membranes are used in applications, such as biological sample preparation, sterile filtration, and organic mobile phase filtration.
- PVDF based membranes are widely used in beer brewing, removal of contaminants and spoilage organisms from food and beverage items, other process applications in food & beverages industry
- About 296 Approved Cold Chain Projects in food processing industry have been approved in India as on May 2019 creating an increasing application of PVDF membranes.
- Owing to all the above-mentioned advantages of PVDF membranes, its market expected to grow rapidly during the forecast period
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for PVDF membrane during the forecast period. In countries like China, India, and Japan because of increasing chemical & pharmaceutical industries and growing awareness among people and industries to treat wastewater, the demand for PVDF membranes has been increasing in the region.
- The largest producers of PVDF membrane are located in the Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of PVDF membranes are Hyundai Micro Co. Ltd, Cobetter Filtration Equipment Co. Ltd, GVS SpA, CITIC Envirotech Ltd, and Synder Filtration Inc.
- The growth in the chemical and pharmaceutical industry is associated with a rise in concern towards wastewater treatment techniques in this region is increasing the scope for the growth of PVDF membrane market in the region.
- According to IQVIA, China was the world’s second-largest national pharmaceutical market during FY'17-18 worth USD 122.6 billion. It is also the biggest emerging market for pharmaceuticals with growth tipped to reach USD175 billion by 2022 increasing the scope of this market increasing the scope of application for PVDF membranes in the region.
- The aforementioned factors coupled with government support are contributing to the increasing demand for PVDF membrane market during the forecast period
The global PVDF membrane market is fragmented, with the major players accounting for a marginal share of the industry. A few companies operating in the market include Hyundai Micro Co. Ltd, Cobetter Filtration Equipment Co. Ltd, GVS SpA, CITIC Envirotech Ltd, and Synder Filtration Inc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support