The Netherlands aesthetic devices market is expected to register a CAGR of 12.1% during the forecast period. The propelling factors for the growth of the market include the continuous technological advancements, rising adoption of minimally invasive devices, and increasingly obese population.
- In recent years, the number of cosmetic surgeries has increased considerably. The rapid rise in the number of surgeries performed each day is among the primary factors increasing the demand for aesthetic devices in the Netherlands.
- According to the NPO 1 (EenVandaag) 2018 report, in the Netherlands, about 34% eyelid correction cosmetic surgeries, 27% facial Botox, 21% breast augmentation, 12% lip fillers, and 11% liposuction cosmetic surgeries were performed in 2018.
- In addition, medical aesthetic technology has advanced and reached the end users rapidly over the last two decades. The continuous improvement in the distribution channel and feasibility in hospitals and clinics with advanced technologies have offered a wide range of products and solutions to patients seeking medical assistance.
Key Market Trends
Breast Implants are Estimated to Procure the Largest Share in this Market
A breast implant is the most common and popular aesthetic surgery procedure in developed markets. There is also demand for breast enhancement and a high incidence of breast cancer among the population, and there is an increase in awareness about the beauty and physical appearance. According to the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment 2018 report, every year, around 3,000 women die due to breast cancer. Approximately 1 in 8 women in the Netherlands will develop breast cancer at some point in their lives. This indicates that breast cancer is the most prevalent type of cancer in the country, with a ten-year prevalence of 128,000. Thus, all these factors are expected to drive the overall growth of the market. There are a large number of hospitals and cosmetic centers which are specially designed for the population requiring breast implants across the Netherlands. The awareness levels and its importance among the female population play a significant role in driving the breast implants segmentation in the Netherlands.
The Netherlands aesthetic devices market is moderately competitive. The companies dealing in the aesthetics market have been leveraging mergers and acquisitions, internal R&D, and new partnerships to expand their businesses in other regions, especially in the promising emerging markets. Some of the companies currently dominating the market are Allergan Inc., Alma Lasers, Entercare, Johnson & Johnson, Lumenis Inc., Galderma SA (Nestle), and Sciton Inc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support