The liner hanger system market in the Middle-East and Africa is expected to grow at CAGR of more than 4.3% in the forecast period of 2020 - 2025. With some of the largest oil reserves, the region is expected to witness significant growth in the upstream oil and gas activities in the forecast period. Moreover, the increasing gas production in the Middle-East is driving the demand for the liner hanger system. On the other hand, the global crude oil price decline in 2020 has led to a halt or delay in various oil and gas projects. Also, total crude oil production in the Middle East declined in 2019. If this declining trend continues, it is expected to have a negative impact on market growth further.
- With increasing rig counts in onshore fields, the onshore segment is expected to dominate the liner hanger system market in the forecast period.
- With the largest proven reserves of natural gas and crude oil, the Middle-East and Africa have significant potential for exploration and completion activities, which will create substantial opportunities for the liner hanger system market in the near future.
- With oil production of 11.8 million barrels per day in 2019, Saudi Arabia is leading the liner hanger system market. It is expected to continue its dominance in the forecast period as well.
Key Market Trends
Onshore Segment is Expected to Dominate the Market
- A liner hanger system consists of a liner hanger assembly, releasing tool, cementing head, packer, etc. The liner hanger system is a part of well completion and can be mechanical or hydraulic, premium, or standard, rotating, or non-rotating, conventional or expandable, and pocket slip.
- In April 2018, the national oil company - ADNOC, as a part of Abu Dhabi's first-ever block licensing strategy, offered six geographical oil and gas blocks for licensing. The blocks are expected to undergo exploration and completion in the forecast period, driving the LHS demand.
- In 2018, ADNOC and CNPC signed a deal. With this deal, they are expected to explore upstream business opportunities in the United Arab Emirates. This is further expected to open new avenues for all types of liner hanger system providers.
- Due to ongoing sanctions on Iran by the United States, major companies like Total are withdrawing their investment, which can impact the LHS market negatively.
- Owing to the increasing crude oil production to 38 million barrels per day in Middle-East and Africa, the significant growth of the liner hanger system is expected in the forecast period.
- Therefore, with the largest reserves of oil and gas and the highest production from several onshore fields, the onshore segment is expected to drive the market considerably.
Saudi Arabia to Dominate the Market
- In 2019, with 297.6 million thousand barrels, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) held the second-largest proven oil reserves in the world after Venezuela. The vast reserves are likely to dive into the LHS market in the long future.
- The country has vast shale reserves, and the increasing exploitation of its unconventional reserves is expected to drive the demand for liner hanger systems in the long run.
- Saudi Aramco is continuously engaged in exploration and development to compensate for declining fields elsewhere, creating market opportunities for liner hanger systems.
- Saudi Arabia reported 100 active onshore rigs and 20 active offshore rigs in April 2019. The deployment of these rigs is expected to increase drilling activities, which is further likely to increase the demand for LHS.
- By 2028, Aramco plans to produce 0.65 bcm of natural gas per day and is expected to target unconventional gas reserves in North Arabia, the South Ghawar, and the Jafurah Basin, East of Ghawar.
- Owing to the higher production of crude oil and natural gas from the onshore fields, the use of hydraulic and mechanical liner hanger systems remained higher in the country. However, with the increasing quest for offshore oil and gas reserves, the demand for expandable LHS is expected to increase.
The Middle-East and Africa liner hanger system market is moderately consolidated. Some of the major companies include National-Oilwell Varco, Inc., Halliburton Company, Weatherford International plc, Baker Hughes, Schlumberger Limited Ltd.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support