The global mice model market registered a CAGR of 7.1% over the forecast period. Factors that are driving the market growth include innovations in mice models, rising demand for personalized medicine, and growing pipeline of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies.
The mice model market is expanding, with the increase in R&D activities in pharmaceutical industries. These mice models are being used in many applications, such as oncology studies, immunology and inflammation studies, central nervous system studies (anxiety and other disorders), cardiovascular studies, and diabetes studies.
Key Market Trends
The Knockout Mice Model is Expected to Grow with Highest CAGR over the Forecast Period
- On the basis of type, the mice model market is segmented into inbred mice, genetically engineered mice (knockout mice), hybrid/congenic mice, and outbred mice.
- The knockout mice model segment is expected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- The high growth of the knockout mice model can be attributed to the popularity of CRISPR technology for creating gene knockouts, high investments in the development of new and innovative knockout models that also increases the application areas for these models.
North America had the Largest Regional Share in the Market in 2018
North America is expected to be the dominant region in the Mice Model market. The concentration of key players in the mice model market is the highest in the North American region. Additionally, the rising number of investments by the government for the development of innovations in mice models is spurring the market growth.
In the North America the US is expected to hold the major share in the market. And the Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow with a high CAGR during the forecasted period
The mice model market is made up of a network of players involved in research and product development, component manufacturing, distribution and sales, and post-sale services. The leading players in the market are offering services and CRISPR technologies as service models, which is experiencing an uptrend, due to increased drug development activity.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support