The large format display market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025). Some of the major factors driving the growth of large format displays are the increasing technological innovations in the direct-view technology primarily in the LED type displays, the technological advantages they present, and the rapid adoption of highly bright HD large displays which offer better flexibility, stability, sustainability, and environment resistant features.
- The large display market has witnessed many crucial technological advancements in the past few years, such as direct-view fine-pixel LED display technology and the narrow bezel LCD displays. The previously used bulky and space-consuming displays have evolved into bezel-less and slim displays. The display devices currently being used for various purposes have improved contrast ratio, high resolution, and consume less power as compared to the traditional displays.
- The HIgh-definition LED displays currently being offered in the market have minimal bezels that allow it to be tiled together to form a completely immersive and limitless video wall. These characteristics make these LED displays an excellent choice for large-scale digital signage and other applications.
- The technological advancements in the display technology have led to the incorporation of touchscreen technology into the large format displays that are able to offer enhanced user experience. The major applications of these touchscreen displays are in corporate meetings, control rooms, retail stores, and educational institutes. Major vendors in the market are now offering the touchscreen displays to cater to the rising demand from consumers.
Scope of the Report
Large format displays are flat-screen displays that are sleek and very minimal in design, these displays enable businesses to display their messages and presentations to customers and visitors. These displays are available in multiple sizes starting from 32” and going up to 90” and also can be used independently or grouped for a multi-screen display, to act as a storyboard.
Key Market Trends
Commercial Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- The commercial segment is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period primarily owing to the increased activity of brand and offers advertisements by various organizations that are increasingly deploying large screens of various sizes in shopping malls and retail stores.
- Moreover, as compared to the consumer displays, the commercial displays from many vendors are offered with additional features and services such as portrait mode operation, additional input ports, environment resistance, extended warranty, ability to operate all day, and higher brightness.
- Furthermore, the fine-pixel LED displays, that are used to construct smooth video walls, are also expected to experience high demand from the commercial sector during the forecast period. Also, the increasing awareness of the benefits of video walls among customers is expected to drastically increase their demand across the globe.
Asia Pacific region is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to witness the highest growth primarily owing to the presence of major large display manufacturers which are providing innovative products to the domestic as well as to the international market.
- The region consists of countries like Japan, China, and India which largely contribute to the overall market share. Also, the region's growth is generated by the increasing demand from small & medium enterprises. China being one of the global manufacturing hub contribute towards the market growth and the transportation sector is also one of the largest revenue generator in this region.
- Furthermore, the players in this region are continuously releasing new products in the market. For instance, Sharp Corporation, in August 2019, expanded its smart signage technology with three new products of 4K information display panels. These three new products offer a true 4K UHD resolution which is four times the resolution of a FHD panel, rendering all on-screen content, including both movies and still images in superbly realistic detail and depth.
The large format display market is highly competitive owing to the presence of many small and large players in the market supplying their products in the domestic and international markets. The market appears to be moderately concentrated with the major players adopting strategies like product innovation and mergers and acquisitions to expand their geographical reach and stay ahead of the competition. Some of the major players in the market are Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, LG Display Co., Ltd., Sony Corporation, Panasonic Corporation among others.
- Oct 2019 - Samsung has entered into a partnership with Golden State Warriors to Install NBA’s Largest Centerhung LED Scoreboard at Chase Center. Chase Center, a sports and entertainment venue provided incredible fan experience with more than 64 LED video displays including the largest center-hung video display.
- Sep 2019 - Samsung announced its collaboration with the Legend Heroes Park as the official display solutions partner, an indoor technology-based entertainment park taking a ground floor space of 65,000 sq.ft. located in Studio City, Macau. The entertainment park integrates edge-cutting technology and Samsung’s display solutions with its gaming entertainment facilities and delivers fully immersive hyper-reality experience to players.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support