The market dust control systems and suppression chemical is expected to grow at a CAGR of less than 6% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied is growth in construction and infrastructure in Asia-Pacific, an increase in regulatory compliances.
- Investments in the Mining Industry in South America is expected to act as an opportunity
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption in country such as China, India, etc.
Key Market Trends
Construction Industry to Dominate the Market
- Dust control measures are applicable to any construction site where there is a potential for air and water pollution from dust traveling across the landscape or through the air.
- The HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) estimated that more than 500 construction workers are dying from exposure to silica dust every year worldwide, so the control of hazardous dust emissions is becoming more regulated which creates a significant demand for dust control systems and suppression chemicals over the last few years.
- Compared to conventional processes, dust suppression solutions offer a set of distinct advantages and lucrative benefits, including easy application and long-life protection across extreme climatic conditions.
- At present, there are state-of-the-art dust control solutions that can solve a range of dust control problems on construction sites and all types of roads, from major highways and freeways to haulage, industrial and rural roads, tarmacs, hardstand areas, and water repellent pavements.
- Calcium Chloride is the major chemical used in the construction industry as a dust control suppression chemical.
- With most of the countries on the way through a recovery period after global economic crises, the construction market is set to see an exciting period of change and growth too. Some countries are fuelled by sheer speed of growth, while others are supported by a huge economic force.
- This huge growth in construction is likely to give a boost to the demand for dust control systems and suppression chemicals in the nearby future.
China to Dominate the Asia-Pacific Region
- China continues to progress along a positive economic trajectory, with private consumption driving a higher share of growth than government spending and investment. The growing end-user industries of the dust control systems and suppression chemicals in the country are likely to boost the growth of the studied market in the region.
- The construction activity in China has witnessed positive growth. Though the growth is positive, it is relatively sluggish compared to the major growth rates experienced by the construction industry in the previous 10 years.
- The Chinese government approved funds worth USD 125 billion for constructing inter-city rail projects in cities like Shangai, Wuhan, etc.
- Moreover, under the 13th five-year plan, the government is planning for infrastructure development of 30,000 km of railway lines and 30,000 km of expressways.
- This growth in industries expected to contribute to the demand for dust control chemicals in the country.
The dust control systems market and suppression chemicals market is partially consolidated in nature. Some of the major players in the market include Cargill Incorporated, Chemtex Speciality Limited, Hexion, Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM), SUEZ, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support