The market for ceramic membranes is expected to register a CAGR of over 6% globally during the forecast period. The major factor driving the market is the increasing demand from the food & beverage industry. On the flip side, high costs associated with manufacturing and unfavorable conditions arising due to the COVID-19 outbreak are hindering the growth of the market.
- The water and wastewater treatment industry is expected to dominate the global ceramic membranes market over the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific region represents the fastest-growing market over the forecast period, owing to the increasing consumption from countries such as China, India, and Japan.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from Water and Wastewater Treatment Industry
- In the water treatment processes, ceramic membranes are generally used for high value-added products, with a higher cost than that of conventional processes.
- They can retain beneficial minerals in water during filtration, remove bacteria, rust, heavy metal ions, etc. and do not produces secondary pollution.
- The ceramic membrane filtration system in water and wastewater treatment processes helps to generate clean and clear tap water by eliminating impurities (bacteria such as Cryptosporidium) and for removing turbidity in raw water from river systems and well water.
- Additionally, the ceramic membrane filtration system also offers a low-cost water treatment system with a long service life.
- Ceramic membranes also provide chemical, mechanical as well as thermal stability, backflushing, high abrasion resistance, high durability, bacteria resistance, and dry storage after cleaning, among various others.
- Such factors are expected to drive the demand for ceramic membranes in water treatment processes, thus increasing the growth of the market during the forecast period.
The Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to account for the fastest-growth for ceramic membranes during the forecast period.
- Growth in the chemical and pharmaceutical industry associated with a rise in concern toward wastewater treatment techniques in this region is increasing the scope for the growth of the ceramic membrane market in the region.
- Moreover, other major factors responsible for driving the growth of various end-user industries are improving living standards, stringent regulations toward the concerns for wastewater treatment, rapid industrialization, as well as the growing population through the upcoming years.
- In developing countries, like China, India, and Japan, to reduce the usage of polluted water, which acts as a severe health hazard many purification techniques are being adopted most of these techniques use ceramic membranes, owing to its high efficiency in filtering off the waste.
- The Chinese pharmaceutical industry, which is valued at about ~USD 145 billion currently, represents the biggest emerging market with growth tipped to reach about ~USD 200 billion by 2022, thus increasing the scope of the market.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for the ceramic membrane market during the forecast period.
The global ceramic membranes market is partially fragmented in nature with the presence of various players in the market. Some of the major companies in ceramic membranes market includes Atech Innovations GmbH, CTI Salindres, Pall Corporation, TAMI Industries, Veolia Water Technologies, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support