The catheter stabilization devices market is expected to register a CAGR of nearly 6.5%, during the forecast period, 2020-2025. The stability to prevent complications, such as device movement, is very important in all the vascular devices attached to the patient. Whether it’s a short-term or long -term catheter system attached, the suture-free securement is growing in demand compared to the available traditional methods.
Globally, with population rise, chronic lifestyle diseases are on a consistent rise, along with accidental cases that are being reported at a higher rate. These factors involve a growing number of surgeries at the trauma centers and hospitals, demanding catheter usage at some point of surgery. Such demand raises the demand for catheter stabilization/securement. With this, the increasing need for minimally invasive procedures also drives the importance of catheter stabilization devices.
However, the product recalls for catheters, refrains the hospitals and clinics from adapting to these products easily. Additionally, the presence of alternative products for stabilization, though, not as effective, but well-known and established globally, restricts the growth of this market.
Key Market Trends
The Arterial Securement Devices Hold the Largest Share in the Catheter Stabilization Market over the Forecast Period
- The number of cardiovascular diseases and cancer cases is growing rapidly, across the world.
- Companies, such as Bard, Baxter, and others, have developed devices in arterial securements, which are highly recognized, across a large number of hospital chains and clinics. These companies have well-established distribution channels. Hospital visits among cardiovascular patients are also found to increase, particularly, during their late adult life and old age, where the patient suffers from several indications, simultaneously.
- Such factors raise the demand for arterial securement devices, as it leads to the establishment of better surgical procedures. Thus, this segment is estimated to hold the largest share in the clinical stabilization devices market.
North America is estimated to Hold the Largest Share in the Global Market
- North America accommodates one of the most advanced technologies in terms of surgical procedures, hospital management, and infrastructure.
- These facilities are good and well-established across the United States and Canada.
- Furthermore, a large number of foreign patients opt for higher surgical procedures to be conducted in the United States and Canada, due to the better availability of high-end advanced resources, early relief, and better reimbursement policies in relation to medical devices.
- Besides, several medical device companies have good direct distribution channel across multiple cities and long-term collaboration with hospitals.
- The research centers are also well supported by funding from government organizations, such as National Institute of Health (NIH) and Health Canada.
- Such factors make the North American region a major contributor for the growth of catheter stabilization devices.
- This is estimated to remain consistent compared to other geographic regions, over the forecast period.
The major market players are focusing on technological advancements in catheter safety and improving the drug administration process. Some of the major players in the market are B.Braun Melsungen AG, Baxter, Becton, Dickinson & Company, Centurion Medical Products, and 3M.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support