The Australia and New Zealand industrial flooring market is estimated to witness a healthy growth, at an estimated CAGR of around 3%, over the forecast period.
- Epoxy resin is expected to drive the growth of the industrial flooring market.
- Food and Beverage industry is one of the most major user of industrial flooring. Cleanliness and purity are of paramount importance in the food and beverage industry. Due to this, it is mandatory for this industry to apply an appropriate protective coating on the concrete floor.
Key Market Trends
Epoxy Flooring to Drive the Market Growth
- Epoxy is a material that serves as a sealant for concrete floors. It creates a shiny gloss surface and increases the brightness of the coated area by up to 200%.
- Epoxy is made up of two components - resins and hardeners. The chemical reaction caused by mixing these components leads to the production of a rigid plastic material. This plastic material exhibits several properties, such as high strength, resistance to degradation, and strong bonding ability to its substrate.
- This epoxy can be used as a thick flooring material over a concrete subfloor or can be used to provide a protective layer on the substrate. If the thickness of epoxy material, which is applied to the floor, is more than 2 mm, it is called an epoxy floor. However, if the thickness of epoxy remains less than 2 mm, it is referred to as epoxy floor coating. The service life of epoxy coatings is expected to be about 20 years or more.
- The application of epoxy flooring offers various benefits. For instance, it provides excellent heat, spillage, slippage, abrasion, and chemical resistance, when applied on the surface. It can provide adhesion to cement, metal, or wood surface. The surface applied with epoxy remains antistatic, seamless, and is easier to clean and maintain.
- Owing to such properties, epoxy flooring is extensively used in several industries, such as warehouses, mechanical manufacturing (includes automotive, aerospace), and others.
Food and Beverage Segment to Dominate the Market
- In the food and beverage industry, industrial flooring has a vital role as these spaces have to maintained hygienic from spills, meeting the highest hygienic standards and withstanding extreme thermal, mechanical, and chemical impact and others.
- A combination of chemical resistance, durability, and antistatic features comprising flooring representing a safe working environment are used in the food & beverage industry. The antistatic properties of the flooring system protects electrostatic-sensitive devices and can be used in explosion hazard areas.
- The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), the Food Standards Agency (FSA) and the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has issued stipulations to ensure food factories maintain the highest standards of handling and production. Many of these flooring used in this industry helps maintain non-slip resin nature and are antimicrobial and comply with strict hygiene and safety standards.
- The flooring for food & beverages are designed in a way resistant for steam and hot water wash-downs, resistant to cleaning chemicals and impervious to animal fats, even under heavy-use conditions. This application of industrial flooring is reducing the maintenance cost due to sticky stains and others in the industry.
- The Australian food industry witnessed significant growth over the past few years. The revenue generated by the Australian food industry increased from USD 34,230 in 2010 to around USD 46,656 million in 2019. The growing demand for food is a major driving factor for industrial flooring in Australia.
- The growing meat consumption in the country is a major driving factor for the market in New Zealand. The per capita consumption of meat in the country had increased from 3.25 kg per capita in 2017 to around 4.04 kg per capita in 2019.
- However, the recent COVD-19 outbreak negatively affected the economy, which in turn, is expected to restrain the market studied in the short run.
The market for industrial flooring is fragmented in nature. The major players in the market include ANTISKID INDUSTRIES, Multiblast Industrial Flooring, Roxset Australia, sika Australia, and Bethell Flooring, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support